Five reasons we’re looking forward to the upcoming award shows season
Well, it’s finally happened. The year 2017 is finally coming to a close, and just a few days from now we’ll be kicking off awards season with the 75th Golden Globes Awards, taking place in Los Angeles. With that in mind, we thought we’d join in on the spirit of excitement by sharing the five things we’re most excited about when it comes to the upcoming awards shows season.
- Fashion: Yes, that’s right. Each year, Hollywood’s elite takes to the red carpet to show off some amazing fashion creations from some of the world’s top designers. Both men and women are dressed to the nines, some making interesting statements with their threads of choice.
- Performances: What kind of award shows would they be without some amazing performances? Top acts will no doubt be around to dazzle your favorite celebrities, and the millions of folks watching from home.
- Awkward moments: Since many award shows are broadcast live, there’s always some awkward (sometimes cringeworthy) moments. Remember when the wrong winner was announced for Best Picture at the 2017 Oscars? It’s television gold!
- Political statements: You can bet that 2018’s shows will feature some political talk from Hollywood’s elite. This already started in early 2017, but since we’re about a year into Donald Trump’s presidency, we can’t help me to think Hollywood has more to say.
- Spotlight on sexual harassment: This year has been a challenging one for many in Hollywood. We’re fully expecting many to use the stage time to put a spotlight on sexual harassment even more so than it has been already.
So there you have it. There will be a lot to look out for, and we’ll be back with additional commentary as the season warms up.